Digital Data Resources
The Arnold Arboretum manages a raft of data associated with its plants collections and Horticultural Library. In keeping with our mission, key sets of raw data are available on this page for download.
- Arboretum Explorer
- GIS at the Arboretum
- Plant Search (includes specimens of accessioned plants housed in the Herbarium of Cultivated Plants)
- Plant Image Search
- Horticultural Library Collections (e.g., books, journals, publications, archival and manuscript collections, visual resources, and correspondence)
- Herbarium of the Arnold Arboretum (A)
- Seed Herbarium
- Expeditions Unveiled
- Arboretum Weather
- Annual Report
- Arboretum GitHub
- Arboretum GIS is available through REST services (more info »)
- An export of specific Arboretum BG-BASE (collections management software) data in text files from 2012 [zip file]
- Note: Plant coordinates are in both NAD27 and NAD83 datums.
- Arboretum Weather data (more »)
- Historical weather data [Excel file]
- Arboretum-associated botanists’ birthdays [zip file]
- Metasequoia glyptostroboides distribution data [Excel file]
Disclaimer, Permissions, and Copyright
Information is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and assumes no responsibility for anyone’s use of the information. By providing this information on an “as is” basis, the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented, nor warrants the completeness, timeliness, or positional, thematic, and attribute accuracy of the data it contains. Users of data indemnify the Arnold Arboretum from any liabilities stemming from use of data.
We ask that any derived works give the Arnold Arboretum proper credit and notification.
Use of collections held by the Horticultural Library are carefully regulated. Please refer to these downloadable forms for permissions, licensing, and imaging services.
All data are protected by copyright 2016 The President and Fellows of Harvard College.