Digital Data Resources at the Arboretum
The Arnold Arboretum manages a raft of data associated with the curation and cultivation of the living collection, herbaria, and Horticultural Library. In keeping with its mission to share knowledge regarding plants and their environments, the Arboretum shares key sets of raw data on this page for public download.
- Plant Inventory
- ArbExplorer (more info »)
- Legacy Collections
- Herbarium of the Arnold Arboretum (A)
- Library (holdings, archival and manuscript collections, visual resources, and correspondence)
- Data visualization projects
- Arnold Arboretum Github
- An export of specific Arboretum BG-BASE (collections management software) data in text files from 2012 [zip file]
- note: Plant coordinates are in both NAD27 and NAD83 datums.
- Arboretum GIS is available through REST services (more info »)
- Arboretum Weather data (more info »)
- Case Estates Weather data (more info »)
- Historical weather data [Excel file]
- Arboretum-associated botanists’ birthdays [zip file]
- Metasequoia glyptostroboides distribution data [Excel file]
This information is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and assumes no responsibility for anyone’s use of the information. By providing this information on an “as is” basis, the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented, nor warrants the completeness, timeliness, or positional, thematic, and attribute accuracy of the data it contains. Users of data indemnify the Arnold Arboretum from any liabilities stemming from use of data.
All data are protected by © 2015 The President and Fellows of Harvard College.