Research Fellowships, Awards, and Internships
The Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University promotes and supports research consistent with its mission to discover and disseminate knowledge of the plant kingdom. To foster both independent and collaborative work, the Arboretum offers fellowships and awards to students, post-doctoral researchers, and professionals of the biological and horticultural sciences. Applicants are encouraged to define and develop paths of inquiry using the Arboretum’s resources, including its world-renowned living collection, herbarium, plant records, library and archives, greenhouse and laboratories, and the expertise of its staff. Please visit the links below for additional information or download flyers that describe the fellowship, awards and internships.
Applications are accepted yearly by Feb 1. Submit applications here.
- DaRin Butz Research Internship Program of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University (Application deadline is March 15).
Graduate Students and Advanced Undergraduates
- Ashton Award for Student Research
- Cunin / Sigal Research Award
- Deland Award for Student Research
- Shiu-Ying Hu Student/Postdoctoral Exchange Award
All Scholars (from students to faculty)
- Arnold Arboretum Genomics Initiative and Sequencing Award
- Jewett Prize
- Sargent Award for Visiting Scholars
- Sinnott Award
Additional Opportunities at the Arboretum
The Environmental Fellows Program (post-doctoral fellowship) and Summer Research Opportunities (for Harvard undergraduates) – Harvard University Center for the Environment
Arboretum faculty hosts: William (Ned) Friedman, Elizabeth Wolkovich
Living Collections Fellowship – Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University
Hunnewell Internships – Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University