Hunnewell Intern Code of Conduct
Interns selected for the Isabella Welles Hunnewell Internship Program are expected to act in a professional manner. Intern conduct should fully reflect the work-life of the institution by adhering to rules outlined below:
- Do not conduct personal business during work hours (e.g., emails, cellphone calls, internet, etc.).
- Be fair, considerate, honest, trustworthy, and cooperative when dealing with co-workers.
- Abide by the Workplace Harassment Policy of Harvard University and immediately contact the Director of Operations if you feel victimized by a work-related incident.
- Be familiar with and follow the policies of the Arnold Arboretum.
- Commit to best practices for ensuring workplace safety.
- Understand what constitutes a permissible work absence and know who to notify if absent.
- Be on time to work and be prompt in completing assignments.
- Dress appropriately for the work setting. Altering your Arnold Arboretum staff-issued shirts is prohibited.
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Keep an open mind; avoid jumping to conclusions; try to make informed judgments.
- Seek feedback from supervisors, accept constructive criticism, and continually strive to improve performance.
- Seek to enhance professional effectiveness by improving skills and acquiring new knowledge.
- Remain drug and alcohol free.