Lilac Sunday T-shirt Competition at the Arnold Arboretum
Create a piece of Arnold Arboretum history…enter our contest to design the 2018 Lilac Sunday t-shirt!
The Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University invites artists of all ages to submit their designs for Lilac Sunday 2018. Lilac-themed t-shirts have been a tradition at Lilac Sunday for many years, and continue to be a highly anticipated and popular memento of this event.
- Designs must be original artwork for the front of a t-shirt, suitable for men and women. Color of t-shirt to be determined by the Arboretum staff, but suggestions on color are welcome. Lighter colored shirts are cooler to wear than darker colors.
- Designs must be 2- to 4-color for t-shirt screen printing (white is considered a color).
- Competition is open to all ages.
- Each artist may submit up to three designs.
- Deadline for submissions is December 15, 2017.
- Please submit a digital file of your design (.pdf, .eps, .ai, .jpg, .psd). Illustrator vector format is preferred. Winning artwork must be delivered as vector artwork or as high-resolution (600 epi) scan at the final print size.
Winning artwork becomes the property of the Arnold Arboretum. Colors and fonts may be altered at Arboretum discretion. Artwork may be used in other promotional materials for Lilac Sunday, possibly including but not limited to day-of-event signage and temporary tattoo. Submissions will be evaluated based on how well they reflect the spirit, history, and beauty of Lilac Sunday at the Arnold Arboretum. The competition will be judged by Arnold Arboretum staff. The winner will be announced in January 2018. The winner will receive ten t-shirts, a 1-year household membership to the Friends of the Arnold Arboretum, and have their name credited, if desired, on all promotional materials with the design.
Send us your designs!
Send submissions (digital file only; see criteria above):
Or mail: Lilac Sunday T-shirt Design Competition, Arnold Arboretum, 125 Arborway, Boston, MA 02130
Email us and put “Lilac Sunday T-shirt Design Competition” in the subject line.