1300 Centre Street
Boston, MA 02131
Yale University, Ph.D. 2018
Yale University, M.S. 2015
Brown University, B.S. 2011
I am interested in the phylogeography and recent evolution of North American plants. As a Putnam fellow, I will focus on the chestnuts and ashes (Castanea and Fraxinus) – icon
- Spriggs EL, Schmerler SB, Edwards EJ, Donoghue MJ. In press. Leaf form evolution in Viburnum paralleles variation within individual plants. The American Naturalist.
- Eaton DAR, Spriggs EL, Park B, Donoghue MJ. (2017) Misconceptions on missing data in RAD-seq phylogenetics with a deep-scale example from flowering plants. Systematic Biology 66(3) 399-412.
- Edwards EJ, Spriggs EL, Chatelet DS, Donoghue MJ. (2016) Unpacking a century-old mystery: winter buds and the latitudinal gradient in leaf form. American Journal of Botany 103(6): 975-978.
- Spriggs EL, Clement WL, Sweeney PW, Madriñán S, Edwards EJ, Donoghue MJ. (2015) Temperate radiations and dying embers of a tropical past: the diversification of Viburnum. New Phytologist 207(2): 340-354.
- Spriggs EL, Christin PA, Edwards EJ. 2014. C4 Photosynthesis promoted species diversification during the Miocene grassland expansion. Plos ONE 9(5): e97722.
- Christin PA, Spriggs EL, Osborne CP, Strömberg CAE, Salamin N, Edwards EJ. (2014) Molecular dating, evolutionary rates, and the age of the grasses. Systematic Biology 63(2) 153-165.